Feel like crocheting??? Here is an easy pattern that will have you using up those small pieces of left over yarn in no time! Like the old saying goes . . .
“It’s not what ya have or have not, it’s whacha do with whacha got”
I love using embroidery thread for a smaller little flower to embellish doll clothes and baby shoes like I did here. ( I’ll save how to make the baby shoes for another post! )
Not a great photo pose here, but this is how darling these little flowers can be for everyday use! On this one I glued in a gem for a real “girlie” look.
- My favorite is 100% cotton yarn, but a small amount of whatever is your favorite or two colors is really nice too.
- 4 mm crochet hook
- yarn needle
- Foundation Ring: Chain 2, 6 single crochets in 2nd chain from hook, join with slip stitch to first single crochet made
- Round 1 (first set of petals): Chain 1, single crochet, chain 1, 3 double crochet, chain 1, slip stitch in each single crochet of foundation ring. Break yarn and weave in the end. Six petals made to be small center layer of flower.
- Round 2: On the back of first layer just made, insert hook into the back loops of the middle double crochet of one of the petals and chain 3, slip stitch into the back loops of the middle double crochet of the next petal and continue this around until you reach the first set of chain 3's, slip stitch into first chain.
- Round 3 (second set of petals): Chain 1, single crochet, chain 1, 4 double crochets, chain 1, slip stitch in each chain 3 space around. ~You could continue this process to make more layers and just increase the amount of double crochets in each set of petals.